Sunday, December 1, 2013

Aquaman and She-Hulk. Limited and limiting resources.

I took my markers to work, hoping to get some bag-time at lunch. I did not. Then I forgot to bring them home. So my marker supply on hand consisted of old, mostly dried out orange, green and black markers. Sure, I could have been innovative and done something with water color or colored pencil or just scrounged up a sharpie and gone black and white, but I just wasn't feeling it.

I decided to use this as a opportunity try to get back into the groove of loosening up and pushing for speed rather than detail. This shows up in a negative way in Aquaman's face, which I didn't pencil sketch (and thus pencil-erase and correct) upfront. On the plus side, I think it worked quite to my advantage by the time I was warmed up and moved on to She-Hulk.  I think that I also managed to make the drying green marker to work to my advantage there.

But just to keep me from getting too proud of myself, my daughter expressed disappointment that there was an angry green man on her bag.

Aquaman

She-Hulk

No comments:

Post a Comment