Monday, October 21, 2013

Green Arrow

Mr. Oliver Queen here is probably the longest I've spent on any given bag. For whatever reason, I just didn't feel like doing the obvious follow up to the previous JLU Vixen bag (Green Lantern John Stewart). I decided I was in the mood for Vigilante. Drew up a sketch. Hated it. Started over. Still wasn't working. Went back to try a variation on the first one. Decided it was adequate. Then my wife pointed out that sending an illustration of a gun wielding man to school with our first grade son might result in complaints of inappropriateness, because: guns. Sadly, that has become the world we live in, has it not?

So I went with this. Because guns send a bad message of violence and whatnot, but exploding arrow projectiles are totally fine. Yes, this is the world we live in.

Green Arrow lunch bag art
Green Arrow

No comments:

Post a Comment