Friday, August 8, 2014

Overwhelmed with requests

I was invited into my daughters class to give a little presentation about my job. The kids where attentive and engaged as I showed them illustrations that went beyond their favorite characters colored brown paper bags, and brochures and advertisements that went way beyond their favorite characters colored brown paper bags. But, inevitably, when question time rolled around, things devolved into a game of "can you draw X?"

Of course, I could draw X . But that wasn't the point. The point was "would I, please, right now, draw X?" Which I did not. Because: time (mostly).

So, for my daughter's bag the next day, I slapped down a giraffe, a teenage mutant ninja turtle, a mermaid, and a ninja, thus covering at least 50% of the requests.


No comments:

Post a Comment